Friday, August 24, 2012

"Week 3"

8/16/12

It's crazy to think we're in "week 3" of MTC training (the first week counts as one I guess). It has definitely not felt like that long. It's almost as if the MTC runs on some sort of celestial time. The days are SO long and packed with stuff and then the weeks fly by like a day.

The MTC is just simply the greatest! I love all of the speakers and devotionals on Sunday and Tuesdays. The speakers are always so awesome. On sunday we get to choose between a couple films of past talks from a few years ago, and this last sunday we watched "The Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar. I guess they're only available for MTC use, but it was one of the best talks I've heard! The General Authorities can all speak differently, more causal/interactive and its really awesome. Elder Bednar related the 'natural man' to the cookie monster. "I want cookie now! I want baptism now! I want to speak language now!" and then gobble it all up. He talked about how when times were hard, the Savior turned outward to serve others when we would turn inward and pity over ourselves. It was super awesome.

Thanks for the pictures and all of the emails! It took me like 10 minutes to read them all so now I only have 20 min to relpy! They really need to give us an hour, but there's too much in the life of a missionary to do. It is so great though! We're always tired, and always happy. There is absolutely nothing I would rather be doing and preparing for! You feel the Spirit all the time, and in ways different than I've otherwise felt, being a missionary and having the special calling.

I get the emails the day you send them, but we are only allowed to check them on P days. That's the only day I can write too. I love getting packages/letters/any word from the outside world though! My district all loved the treats ;) Haha we get cinammon rolls, cookies, donuts, and stuff all the time from each others families. Make us feel even more gross (our schedule is basically sit in class, walk to cafeteria, sit/eat, walk to class, sit in class, repeat, then go to bed. The only exercise is an hour of basketball or volleyball in the gym each day, which is a tough adjustment! I get antsy in class and have to get up and read standing in the corner or something for a little while.

I hope all continues to be well at home! I love you all and although I miss the people from home, I'm glad to be here! Yo se que la Iglesia es verdadero! El Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. Jose Smith fue un profeta y Thomas S. Monsen es el profeta actual. Yo se que El Evangelio de Jesucristo puede brindar esperanza y felicidad. Jesucristo es el Salvador y Redentor del mundo y vive. Dios es muy amaroso. Nos vemos!

Elder Coombs

No comments:

Post a Comment