Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ultima carta electronico del CCM! 9/27/12

Crazy! It has not felt like 9 weeks...and yet it has. I'm ready to hit the field! Pero, a donde ese campo est'a, no s'e! We all got flight plans last week with the Texas Elders, but since we didn't have visas it doesn't matter. Basically there to laugh in our faces. We all went in to ask if that meant that we got our visas, along with 2 Elders from another zone and some Hermanas. The guy had some corny smile so we thought it meant yes, and then he flat out told us no and not to get our hopes up haha. So we've all been bracing ourselves for our reassignments sometime this week, maybe later today or tomorrow. Elder Wiscombe just got his today though! He went before our laundry to get the mail (since he's the district leader now) so that we could maybe see where we got reassigned to before emailing home, and the only thing in our mailbox was a paper for him to go to the travel office and get his visa! We are all super happy for him, since he probably deserved it most out of all of us, but then again it makes the rest of us all want to weep haha. So the Texas Elders all leave Monday morning, Elder Wiscombe on Wednesday, and the other 3 of us have no idea as of now. So, I don't know when my next P-day will be and when I'll be able to write next, or from where. All I can say is, it better be someplace awesome! I'm know wherever it is, it's where the Lord wants. I want for the Lord to want Spain though ;)

They broadcasted the Temple Dedication here in 3 sessions, we went to the 3:00 session. It was super awesome. I thought it was really powerful, especially hearing Boyd K. Packer and one of his sons talk about it, as well as Elder Perry talking, and Elder Nelson read the dedicatory prayer that Elder Packer wrote. The second counselor in the presidency and his wife spoke too, and they did a good job. Speaking of temples, today was probably our last time for quite awhile. It was good to go through and get that one last spiritual boost before heading out. We stayed up on the grounds and studied there, rather than heading back to our classroom, which I really enjoyed.

Thanks for all of your prayers and your faith in my behalf! Thanks for all of your thoughtfulness and caring, they mean a lot! Thanks for being great examples to me and teaching me so much!

I know that this work is sure, that there is nothing that will stop the Lord's work as we do it in His name, His way, and by His power! All things are possible through Him. I know that He has given us His word, contained in books of Scripture and Living Prophets, Seers, and Revelators. I know that we have been called by this Prophet to preach the restored Gospel, which came again to the earth by means of God's called and chosen prophet, Joseph Smith. I know that we have the fulness of the Gospel that has ever been on the earth. I have a testimony of the temple, that it is His house, that His peace, glory, and power reside within those walls, that the ordinances performed therein are eternal. I know that God lives and hears our prayers. I know He loves His children, that we are His work and His glory, that He knows each of us by name, recognizes our faces, and knows each of us perfectly. As such He knows how to change us, help us, and teach us. I know that we have a Savior and Redeemer, the living Christ. I know that He loved and loves us enough to have suffered for each of us individually and intimately, that by His grace and enabling power we can be changed, justified, and sanctified, and His grace is sufficient for all who come unto Him. These things I know because they have been impressed upon my so powerfully by the Spirit and so many times that I cannot deny them!

Con mucho amor, Elder Coombs


No comments:

Post a Comment