Thursday, May 30, 2013

27 de Mayo Weekly Update

Hola! I loved the emails this week! Full of lots of great surprises and fun stuff!
First off, I agree that it is wierd that Kadin is almost graduating the ranks of elementary! I feel like I will get home and my brothers will all be super different or something. I guess you can say that that is one of the strangest parts about missionary work, the family changing and growing up! It will be especially wierd to see all the "little" cousins all super big too. Addie is probably way different than the last I saw her! It makes me glad to hear that you are spending a lot more time with them these days. I was also really happy to hear the other news about the temple too! This last week we shared a couple Mormon Messages about temples (Temples are a Beacon by Pres Monson and the San Salvador temple dedication in the Youth Messages) and they are both super great. I love giving messages about the temple. It always brings the Spirit into the lesson, it always makes me think about how much I love the temple and my experiences with it, and they are always a topic that people who have seen one are interesting in learning more about. That, and what happens in a temple like families being sealed together forever and endowments and work for our ancestors is just flat out cool to anybody!
It sounds like they made a bajillion changes in the ward! Like every leadership position was shifted a little it seems! Also, I'm super excited for Dad! Elder's Quorum is great =) I do remember feeling wierd when I got the calling. It was wierd because just about everyone had some sort of calling in the first 3 or 4 weeks and I didn't, and we were lacking a counselor in the Elder's Quorum and the stake guy hadn't been there for a month or so because he was out of town, so I kinda had my hunches. It was still a little overwhelming though, to think that a little freshman like me who had never been to college would have to be in the Presidency of the Elder's Quorum! President Monson's promise is real though: Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies! He shapes our backs to the burdens we are called to bear. Teaching classes is fun too, it sounds like mom is doing well enough with that! I love that quote too. Just the other day this week, I actually used my semi-memorized paraphrased version of that quote! So it was neat to read it in your email! I think people can't help but to depersonify God a little bit since we never see Him and we always talk about God in a way that would make Him seem as some great eternal Judge with all power that helps us in our lives if we ask for it, but then we really take a step back and think: He is my Father. I know Him. He knows me. He loves me. He is eager to bless and help me. He is sad when I choose to rebel or disobey the things that He tells us to bless and protect us, not punish or limit us. At the contrary, they make us free! All of the other past church leaders and our family I'm sure are working anxiously and praying on the other side of the veil for us! The Gospel takes on a new special magnificence and beauty in a very simple way when you change your way of thinking about it.
That's a bummer to hear about the games. Better luck next time, eh? You can't always win! That's why Barcelona started to stink it up lately. After winning, either by pride, other teams analyzing your strategies/playing, flat out bad luck, or some way or another you lose! Losing makes winners out of losers, because it motivates them and inspires them to change. So keep on winning/losing! Haha.
Same kind of idea with the school. If you change your perspective, it doesn't seem so bad! Just pretend that there are other kids with twice as much homework as you and you already will feel blessed! Try to imagine how all those classes and learning will bless your future! Think of it more as opportunity than chore =) Idk, that's all I got. I just like to study, and some people just don't like to!
I'll keep my eyes out for the letter and let you know when I get it. As for the package, that's fine. Just knowing there is one coming makes any missionary happy! I don't know how big of a package it will be...if it is big enough I would appreciate if you sent my white frisbee disc. Spain's got nothin here, at least that I've seen. I don't know if my stuff is long packed away or if my brothers have been raiding it every day or something. If it's too much of a hassle to find it or if you would have to upgrade the size of the box don't worry about it. We'll just settle for a cheap flimsy one to play with for preparation days =) If I think of any stuff I need I'll let you know too.
I was eager to see what Sam said about the crazy tornados, we heard a little bit of the scary side here in Spain. It sounds like he was just living it up and watching them like a movie on TV with popcorn or something. That does sound like him though =) I'm sure the real effects of it will come in the following weeks.
Serving with Elder Schindler has been great. He knows how to make people laugh! We have lots of fun and we teach really well together I feel. The only downside is that we both are terrible with contacting people! A lot of people hate knocking doors, but it's a lot easier for me. It is harder to get people that way though...oh well. A missionary's got to do what a missionary's got to do! I always hate when transfers start getting close, because I hate how people obsess over the politics and try to predict all of the transfers, and the stress that always goes along with them as well. We'll see what happens in two weeks though. Everyone "predicts" that I will be leaving, but I don't feel like it (maybe because I don't want to, who knows...). I've only been here like almost 2 transfers, it just seems like more because I've had like 3 companions during it all, and the our area has had like 4 or 5 missionary changes in the past couple months. Usually missionaries stay 3 or so in areas it seems.
Pues, ¡seguid siendo buenísimos! I hope you have a fantastic week and have lot's of fun, now that school's winding down and everyone will be home all day  Thanks for all your prayers! I always pray for you all too!

No comments:

Post a Comment