Monday, March 24, 2014

24 de Marzo. Where has the month gone?

24 de Marzo

    Buenos días! I always love Mondays! They feel more like our Sundays/day of rest to us than the rest of the week. And, today is the last Preparation Day of Elder Gleason! It is crazy how the time has flown by. It seems like March just started for some reason. I can't believe it!
   We had a pretty good week. We set ourselves out to find some news. Which leads into my miracle this week: In the District Meeting we were talking about talking to everybody, and we always make the goal of how many we want to find, then we get discouraged as we get rejected, and then we don't contact as much. I suggested something that we could instead set goals for how many "no's" or rejections we would get. So, the next day I set myself a goal to get rejected 100 times. And it worked! I contacted 100 people throughout the day between visits, and they all said no! Then, as we were walking home, there really wasn't anybody left in the street (that we hadn't already contacted at least =)) and I saw a guy sitting at a bus stop. I thought, why not, I'll beat my goal! And guess what? He gave me his information!! Woo! Blessings come after the trials of our faith. And, the goal helped us to contact tons of people all day, and when people rejected, it didn't weigh me down because it contributed to my goal! Of course all the contacts I did I actually tried to teach them/get their info/ and try to get something out of it. So it was like working towards my goal and against it at the same time haha.
   I did an intercambio with Elder Johnston this last Saturday, it went well. He's a great missionary and does a good job. I like how he's a dedicated study-er and is often reading PMG or a language book or something. He's a smart guy and it was fun for us to talk and get to know each other a little better. We had a visit with a crazy old spaniard...there seem to be a numerous quantity of those here...and a funny thing was that usually people talk super fast and non stop, so you don't get any opportunity to say anything. Well, this guy talked slowly, and there was always an awkward 4 second pause between all of his sentances. It was just weird because he'd say something totally irrelevant or weird, pause as if he were done, except we couldn't tell if he was or not by how he finished his words, like as if he was going to continue, then when he did it was on something totally different. A new way of dominating the conversation I hadn't come across before haha.
  We've been seeing lots of progress with some people, except none of them came to church  We even went to go pick up 2 people, and they both left us out to dry, and they made us miss the sacrament in our morning meetings Good thing there's the afternoon meetings! So that was a little frustrating but nothing out of the usual.

Well, I gotta go! Hope all is well, and have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment