Friday, May 16, 2014

News out of Barç!

Hello!  I have transfer news...I'm now in Barcelona! The trip from Lleida was not too exciting...just 2 hours in the train through farmland. It is a neat part of Spain that amid all of the farmland and hills and stuff, you see an occaisional little town with an old chapel or neat spanish architecture in the countryside (perfect photo opportunity, except that we're travelling at like 250 km/hr and there's a window in the way... also, today is not so sunny in Barcelona. Cloudy and almost rainy. But I am excited to not melt like I hear they will in Zaragoza!

 I am excited to serve in the main city of the mission, and I really just like the feel of Barcelona. I hear the ward is great (and big!). I'll be working kind of on the northern/eastern side, towards the end of Badalona. We also meet in the large stake center building!  So I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for these weeks to come. I am kind of sad to leave our great District in Zaragoza though ='( I am glad to see a familiar face in the new district though (Elder Alder)!  My new companion is Elder Rasmussen, from Bear River. I don't know if he's related to those in our ward or not... he seems like a fun guy though.



I really enjoyed the opportunity of training and working with Elder Loaiza. I enjoyed seeing him progress and start to become an el Faro missionary. He has a good heart and he will do great things. I enjoyed his desires to serve and help others.

As far as miracles go, I really feel like the ward is improving a lot in various things. The Bishop has been a stalwart example. Lots of simple things, like dressing up for ward council. (A sub-miracle is that we had almost all of the ward council there, as opposed to the half we normally do!) He also gave a powerful testimony and thoughts on Sunday about the Sacrament and the importance of the ordinance and the reverence and respect that he felt that the ward could improve on =) I also had the opportunity to speak on sunday and a few members shared with me they really appreciated my remarks and I'm glad to feel that I have been an instrument in the hands of the Lord throughout my mission, probably one of my greatest joys of the mission. I spoke about being unified and a more Zion-like people. In other words, my last chance to give a word or two and dar caña a los miembros! Aka no gossiping, backbiting, arguing, no lazyness, serve others and love your neighbor, and share the Gospel!

This week I am going to focus on learning the area quickly and getting to know the wonderful members of Barcelona 3. I want to look for simple ways to serve others and opportunities to serve strangers. Just support all the members and leaders and such.

Have a great week. Love you all. Keep smiling and looking forward!​

No comments:

Post a Comment