Monday, June 16, 2014

16 de Junio

I can't believe it's already Monday again! It has passed by quickly. It was Elder Tigre's birthday last week so we had a lot of celebrations, and then coming up will be mine!

We've seen some good things this week. I was sick on Tuesday, so I've been a little under the weather physically, but I feel like I've grown a lot spiritually. I've had some reflecting time and it has been inspiring for me to feel closer to the Lord. I downloaded a bunch of talks by Elder Neal A. Maxwell and Tad Callister from lds.org and their messages have always inspired and guided me. =)

Our investigator Edilenia has been kind of avoiding us. We think someone might have been talking negatively about the Church to her, so we are still trying to meet with her to find out what's going on there. Isabel has been reading a little, but not very much, and I get the feeling it was just casually looking over and really not feeling the power of it. In our last visit we tried to help her liken the scriptures to herself with Nephi's experiences with his brothers.

We haven't been able to follow up with hardly anyone else either, it's kind of been hard...but hey, a new week with new opportunities!
Today we had preparation day as a zone and went to some park thing and had a barbeque and played some sports. And we just got back from everything which is why we are writing late today. Last week we went to part of park güell, but didn't have time to do all of it, so we did the maze park instead. It was pretty cool.







This week I want to repent and be better in asking for and expecting miracles and certain blessings. I feel like I have been falling into a habit of waiting and just expecting the Lord will bless me with what I want just because He knows I want it, when it requires my asking, (like in BD Prayer, blessings available, conditional upon our asking) and expecting answers "with no thought, save that ye asked me" (DyC 8/9). So I am going to work on my meditation and pondering a little more this week and ask for miracles in Barcelona =) It seems like we're off to a great start for our goal as a mission. We'll see how we do!

It sounds like a pretty crazy week and some more exciting stuff coming up. It seemed like a lot more hellos than goodbyes, which is good I guess =) I came to a sudden realization last week, that now all my friends are arriving home and I'll be one of the last out in the field still. How lucky  for me =) After-mission life seems daunting and almost as mysterious as after-earth life haha.

Well, I don't have much else to tell or even time, so I think I'll just end today with a testimony! I know that this is God's work. This is His "only true and living church". I know that we are led and guided by living prophets and apostles, and that Thomas S. Monson is called by God. I testify that the man Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. He did indeed see God our Father and our Redeemer, Jesus Christ and he spoke with them face to face. I know that the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ, and that a man will see, feel, and recognize a special power come into his life as he reads from it's pages daily. I have no doubt that God lives and loves us. He knows us. He guides us. He prepares us. He changes us. I testify that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind. Because He suffered the pains, afflictions, temptations, and sins of each one of us intimately and infinitely, He has perfect compassion, perfect empathy, and perfect love for us. He descended meekly and humbly below all things not only to overcome each one of them, but so that He could lift us above them as well. He will come again to the earth, and we and His established kindom will be patiently and anxiously waiting for Him =) I know that we have the potential to become like and to be with our Heavenly Father. Like President Monson stated, "may we all be aware of how close He is willing to come to us, and how far He is willing to go for us." It is by the grace of our Savior Jesus Christ that we can come off conqueror of all things, and this things I leave in His name.
Well, have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment