Monday, July 28, 2014

Hoe to the end of the row

Hola buenas! Qué tal están?  

President Pace forwarded to us of the going home group a neat little poem this week, called Hoe to the End of the Row. Here  it goes:

Bill Brown made a million,
Bill Brown, think of that.
That boy you remember,
As poor as a rat.

He hoed for the neighbors,
Did jobs by the day.
And Bill made a million,
Or near it they say.

He worked for my father,
You’ll maybe recall.
He wasn’t a wonder,
Not that, not at all.

He couldn’t out-hoe me,
Or cover more ground,
Or hoe any faster,
Or beat me around.

In fact, I was better
In one way that I know.
One toot from the kitchen
And home I would go.

But Bill Brown always hoed
To the end of the row.

We used to get hungry
Out there in the corn.
You talk about music,
What equals a horn?

A horn yellin’ dinner,
And tomatoes and beans,
And pork and potatoes,
And gravy and greens.

I ain’t blamin’ no one
For quittin’ on time.
To quit with the whistle,
That ain’t any crime.

But as for the million,
Well, this much I know.
Bill Brown always hoed
To the end of the row.
- Anonymous

So yeah, I still have some hoe'in to do. Things are going well though. We had some high hopes for a couple menos activos who committed to come, but they ended up not coming. There's always next week I suppose! 

Last week we went to the Sagrada Familia, which was pretty neat. It is super big and has lots of symbolism, which was interesting. Today I went and visited Camp Nou, Barcelona's stadium. There sure were a lot of trophies in there, and a lot of balón de oro's and mvp awards for Messi haha. Lot of videos about their goals scored and about all of their accomplishments. They are apparently planning on building a new stadium for Barça which looks super fancy. They've got to do something with all of the money they roll in from games and tourists...

Well, that's about all for this week. Hope that you all have  a great week and keep working hard! I'm getting excited to see you all again, yet sad that the time is passing quickly with the great people here. Anyways, take care y hasta la próxima!

No comments:

Post a Comment