Monday, July 28, 2014

¡La última carta de la misión! No sé qué decir...

Hola! Bon dia a tots! Com va la feina per allà? Yes, it is super hot here, and above all really humid so you're just always sweating and sticky. I'm excited to not wear a shirt and tie anymore, I feel like that makes it 5x worse...

So, I can't believe all this time has flown by and here I am writing my last letter! I feel like the week is going to fly by and I'll be on a plane before I know it...but all of that is for trunky missionaries to think about =)

We had a good week. We have been seeing things really pick up for us. We received a couple references of some really prepared people who we are excited to start working with, and we were also able to do a few service projects, helping us feel like we are "serving" people. =)  ​We moved a fridge (us pushing it by hand through the streets to the other house) and the member moving a washing machine is his car to someone else's house, then moving their fridge and washing machine to the previous, basically doing a swap. It was pretty fun. We are also helping our ward mission leader move into a new apartment, helping him paint, clean, and carry stuff.​

I want to really focus this last week on just losing myself, not think about what I need or myself and just give it to the Lord. I know that he blesses us as we turn our lives over to Him, which is one of the great blessings of serving a mission. I think some of the greatest lessons and things that I've learned from the mission are what Alma taught to his son in Alma 37:32-37 and it's probably what I would teach people about serving a mission. ​ Be meek and humble. Teach people to hate iniquity and sin and love righteousness. Just keep the commandments and you'll be blessed, especially if you learn the habit and desire in your youth. Trust in the Lord in everything.

I don't know if I could say how I've changed...a fox can't really smell his own hole, you know? I'd say the good has been amplified and the bad diminished a little more, I've learned a ton, gained experience and above all more perspective. I'd say my confidence, patience, and Christlike attributes have grown a lot. We'll see what everyone else says I guess =)

Well, we gotta go enjoy last preparation day. We'll see you all soon I guess. Love you all. Thank you for all of your prayers and examples! Keep looking forward in faith and grow close to the Lord. 
This is God's church. This is His work. He guides us today through living prophets holding the holy Priesthood of God. We are guided, directed, and taught by revelation. The Book of Mormon and the scriptures are true and bear powerful testimony of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, and of His mission, ministry, and message. I know He lives. I know He loves us and that He carries us and guides us home to Him. He suffered for each of us and felt our pains, sorrows, desires and yearnings, and carried our griefs and atoned for our sins. Through His infite Atonement and grace we can change and become even as He is. This is His work and His glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment